Only 4 more days of the Paleo Challenge! That went really fast. Not sure what my end results will be, but it has been fun. I did eat and drank non-Paleo items on St. Patrick’s Day, but other than that, I stuck with it. I have tried quite a few new recipes and really loved reading about everything all the other members of the challenge were cooking up in their kitchens. I retested on a workout I completed at the beginning and I shaved two and a half minutes from my time. Not too bad! I also have noticed my sleep quality has been improving. I need to come up with a new challenge now…. Any ideas? Maybe a running challenge?
Now, let’s talk about the weather. I am ready for warm weather. I know it is not even April yet, but I moved south for a reason, haha. 60 degree days are just not where I need it to be. 70’s is where I like it. I want to be able to run in the mornings in shorts and a tank top. I am ready to retire my long sleeves for a little while (you know, for the next 6 months). My husband and I are going to start planning our garden this weekend (you read that right, it said “plan” not “plant” – 1 step at a time). The “plan” is to plant tomatoes, cucumbers, squash, peppers, and a variety of herbs. I will provide photo updates.
One thing I love about living in Georgia is we use our grill all year long. But, there are some nights I need to cook inside and turkey burgers are one of those items that turn out well in the frying pan. This is a very easy recipe and very tasty. Enjoy!
Spicy Turkey Burgers with Bacon
4 slices bacon
1 lb Lean Ground Turkey
1 can diced green chilies
2 TBSP HOT salsa
½ tsp cumin
½ tsp garlic powder
½ tsp onion powder
Salt, pepper to taste
- In a bowl, mix all ingredients. If you have time, put the bowl in the fridge for about 10 minutes. This makes it easier to form and the burgers stay together a little better.
- Cook your bacon (any way you would like – stove top, oven, or microwave).
- Get out your frying pan and turn it to medium heat. Allow the pan to heat up. Spray it with olive oil.
- Form burger out of your mixture and cook until the center is no longer pink.
- Serve burger and crumbled bacon over greens with avocado and salsa.
~ Savannah FitNut aka Morgan McNeal