Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Pumpkin Pancakes on Sunday Morning

Sunday mornings are the best!  I absolutely love them.  I sleep in as late as I want and then slowly let the day start.  I have all the time in the world to enjoy all the coffee my heart desires.  I am not rushing off to the gym or to 100 other errands on my to-do list.  I sit on the couch in the living room (I honestly think this is the only time I sit there), catch up on blog reading or the news, look at 3,764 pictures of cute cats and dogs, and allow myself a little bit of relaxation.  It always feels amazing.  I do not rush to make breakfast, but finally when my stomach starts to growl, I hop off the couch and try to decide what to have for breakfast.  Usually, I will do eggs of some sort (over easy, poached, scrambled with lots of veggies), but there times when I am tired of eating eggs and need something a little different.  Enter these delicious pumpkin pancakes which are not your typical pancakes… they are actually more egg than pumpkin, but whatever, they are delicious.  I top the pancake with sliced bananas and a drizzle of raw honey.  You could use pure maple syrup too or unsweetened applesauce as a topper.





Ingredients
4 eggs
1/2 cup pumpkin puree
2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1 teaspoon cinnamon
pinch salt



Instructions
  1. Warm up a skillet on medium heat.
  2. Whisk the eggs, canned pumpkin, and pure vanilla extract together.
  3. Sift the pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, and baking soda into the wet ingredients.
  4. Melt 2 tablespoons of oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Then, mix the oil into the batter.
  5. Grease the hot skillet and spoon the batter into the skillet to make pancakes of your desired size.
  6. When a few bubbles appear, flip the pancakes once to finish cooking.
  7. Enjoy!


~ Savannah FitNut aka Morgan McNeal

No comments:

Post a Comment