Sunday mornings are the best! I absolutely love them. I sleep in as late as I want and then slowly let the day start. I have all the time in the world to enjoy all the coffee my heart desires. I am not rushing off to the gym or to 100 other errands on my to-do list. I sit on the couch in the living room (I honestly think this is the only time I sit there), catch up on blog reading or the news, look at 3,764 pictures of cute cats and dogs, and allow myself a little bit of relaxation. It always feels amazing. I do not rush to make breakfast, but finally when my stomach starts to growl, I hop off the couch and try to decide what to have for breakfast. Usually, I will do eggs of some sort (over easy, poached, scrambled with lots of veggies), but there times when I am tired of eating eggs and need something a little different. Enter these delicious pumpkin pancakes which are not your typical pancakes… they are actually more egg than pumpkin, but whatever, they are delicious. I top the pancake with sliced bananas and a drizzle of raw honey. You could use pure maple syrup too or unsweetened applesauce as a topper.
Paleo Pumpkin Pancakes – From http://fastpaleo.com/pumpkin-pancakes-from-practical-paleo/
1/2 cup pumpkin puree
2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Warm up a skillet on medium heat.
- Whisk the eggs, canned pumpkin, and pure vanilla extract together.
- Sift the pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, and baking soda into the wet ingredients.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Then, mix the oil into the batter.
- Grease the hot skillet and spoon the batter into the skillet to make pancakes of your desired size.
- When a few bubbles appear, flip the pancakes once to finish cooking.
~ Savannah FitNut aka Morgan McNeal