Monday, June 30, 2014

It is Summer, Drink Up!!

Officially it was summer about a week ago, but unofficially it has been summer in Georgia since May.  I think there has been one weekend since then in which we did not go to the beach, and we have definitely been having a lot of fun in the sun.

I actually just returned from a vacation in San Diego.  It was beautiful.  My husband and our group of friends rented a house on Pacific beach.  It was absolutely great running on the beach in the mornings, and we even did a version of the Crossfit “Filthy Fifty” on the beach (the first exercise was 50 burpees, gross!).  I got sand in my eyes on that one, haha.  We visited a few different beaches, saw sea lions in the La Jolla cove, tried out a lot of different beers, ate Trader Joe’s cookie butter for the first time (like peanut butter, but 100 times better and certainly not healthy), and enjoyed some really good coffee.  It was an awesome vacation.  But home now and back to reality.

San Diego

Every summer, I start to get really tired of drinking plain water.  I am not sure why it does not happen in the winter… maybe because I can drink a lot of varieties of hot tea.  Anyway, water is boring sometimes, so I googled “water recipes.”  After I pressed Enter, I felt pretty dumb…. Water recipe, really??  But Google knew what I really meant, and returned a lot of recipes for homemade infused water.  I decided to try the lemon cucumber mint one since I had all those ingredients in my fridge.  It was delicious.  I took it to the beach with me on Saturday and it was extremely refreshing.  The combination of the cucumber, mint, and lemon was just right.  This will definitely become a regular beverage of mine, and it is super easy to throw together.



Lemon Cucumber Mint Infused Water

Ingredients
4 cups water
1 lemon
1 cucumber
½ cup mint

Instructions

  1.  Slice up the lemon into thin pieces.
  2. Cut the cucumber into small pieces
  3. Throw the lemon, cucumber, and mint into the pitcher of water.  Refrigerate overnight or at least for a few hours.
  4. Enjoy!
~ Savannah FitNut aka Morgan McNeal


No comments:

Post a Comment