Thursday, October 25, 2012

Living is Awesome


I am taking a short break from talking about nutrition or fitness.  Last Wednesday night, my husband and I went to see a Louis CK comedy show at the Savannah Civic Center.  It was hilarious!  Definitely recommend going to see him live if you get the chance.

Anyway, as he was going through his show and all his jokes, he started talking about how awesome it is just to be living, and even if sometimes you think your life sucks, it is still awesome that you have a life.  He explained we get to eat, meet and interact with all these other people, and have sex and everything great that comes with living (his terms may have been a little more crude, but you get the point). 

Living IS great and we often forget that fact.  I sure have forgotten that these last couple weeks.  I told myself I would not focus on what I could NOT do with a stress fracture, but instead what I COULD do.  It sounded good and I tried, I really tried.  Some days, it worked, but some days, I just wanted to put on my damn running shoes and run a few miles!   But I didn’t.  I have been following the doctor’s orders and staying off my foot as much as possible.  I started doing Yoga twice a week and found a really good Pilates studio.  I forgot how much I missed Pilates until I started doing it again.  It is an awesome workout and really makes your muscles burn, especially those core muscles.  It definitely makes me want to pursue additional training opportunities, so I can start teaching again.

Forsyth Farmers' Market
I also have been able to bike downtown, visit the farmer’s market, and cook a whole lot.  I have enjoyed all those things.  It is absolutely beautiful riding my bike in downtown Savannah and sitting outside drinking a cup of tea.  The weather is beautiful.  So this is where I focus on how great it is to be living.

I go back to the doctor on November 5, so 10 days, 3 hours, and 23 minutes, haha, I am not counting!  I may or may not get clearance to start running again, but lucky for me, there are so many other great things to do in life.  Take advantage of all your opportunities and enjoy every day, even the sucky ones!

~ Savannah FitNut aka Morgan McNeal

No comments:

Post a Comment