Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Updates on Me and A Few Lunch Ideas


Update on my injury – I go back to the doctor next Monday.  Hopefully he will tell me I no longer need to wear this awful post-op shoe.  I mean, it is cold outside (it is only going to be in the 60’s today!!), and I really want to wear my super cute boots!  Plus, I have not worn anything brown in the past 5 weeks because apparently they don’t make brown post op shoes….

Update on the Challenge – I CHEATED!!  Haha, I finally had one cheat in the form of alcohol…. Gin and tonic to be exact.  It was yummy and I had a good time with friends!  The funny thing is though that after I cheated, I did not feel the need to extend that bad habit to the next day.  It was one little cheat and I moved on from there.  I think that is one of the main things that I have changed through this Paleo challenge.  I felt prior to the challenge, I would eat something “bad” and then need to continue eating that way the rest of the day or into the next day.  After consuming my gin and tonic(s), I really wanted to eat some pizza or bread or something.  However, when I got home, there was not a single thing non-Paleo in the house.  My after drinking eats were pecans and acorn squash with red onions!  Kinda weird, but they tasted amazing at 3am! 

Update on food for the week - Each week, I try to think of something really unique to make for lunch that is easily transportable to work.  And every week, I end up with the same few items!  Not for lack of trying to add variety, but I think there are a few things that are just easier to pack for lunch.  Omelets just do not transport well.

Lunch Today: Vegetable Soup, Spicy Chicken Stew, and Broccoli/Cauliflower

Here are 5 lunch meals that are great for transporting. 
  1. Grilled chicken salad – I usually grill a load of chicken on Sunday and then eat it throughout the week.  I love a salad with grilled chicken, homemade guacamole, and some spicy salsa.  Yum, yum!
  2. Homemade vegetable soup – This is one of those throw all the vegetables you have in your fridge into a big pot with some vegetable broth and canned tomatoes and you have soup for the week.
  3. Crockpot Leftovers – Anything that you make in the crockpot usually will feed two people for a few days.  Put the leftovers into single serving containers and grab and go in the morning.
  4. Roasted Veggie Bake – If you do not want soup, but still want a big heaping pile of vegetables, make a veggie bake.  I usually will throw in squash, eggplant, tomatoes, onions, peppers with a whole slew of herbs, fresh if I have them.  Again, put these in single serving containers and you are all set.
  5. Turkey Burgers – You can make a huge batch of these and put them in plastic bags.  Heat them up or don’t, they still taste wonderful.


~ Savannah FitNut aka Morgan McNeal

No comments:

Post a Comment