Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Happy New Year



Happy New Year to everyone!  I hope you enjoyed the holidays.  I certainly did.  My husband and I traveled up North to visit with our friends and family.  It was a long drive from GA to PA, but having our own car gave us the flexibility to visit lots of people and not have to bother anyone with our flight schedules.  We did get to see a bit more snow than I wanted.  It snowed on Christmas Eve, which was pretty, especially because I did not have to go outside.  However, it snowed a couple more days during our visit and we happened to be on the roads.  It just makes me quite grateful for the 60 degree Savannah winter days.  The vacation went by extremely fast and here we are already, it is 2013!

With the New Year, everyone seems to be in the “Resolution spirit.”  You are making plans for 2013, maybe revising the deadlines on some of those 2012 resolutions.  Everyone wants to be healthier and happier and overall better in the New Year.  There is nothing wrong with that!  I am not a resolutioner (that is not a real word, haha), however, I do like goal setting and what better time to write them down, then now.  Before I wrote down my goals, I wanted them to be specific and attainable.  In my opinion, many people do not achieve their goals, because they are too outlandish or not specific enough (i.e. I am going to eat healthier….. I am going to be stronger….).  My goals are very specific and attainable.  I will keep you posted on my progress and maybe add more goals as the year goes on.

Without further adieu, here are my 5 goals for 2013:
  1. Read more books – at least 2 per month (whether it is on the Kindle, paperback, hardback, whatever, on whatever topic I choose)
  2. 2 Unassisted Pull-ups (No band assistance)
  3. Prescribed weights on 90% of CF workouts
  4. Cook 90% of meals at home (that equates to a maximum of 2 meals out per week)
  5. Maintain my blog – at least one post per week


What are your goals for 2013?  Fitness related, health related, family??

~ Savannah FitNut aka Morgan McNeal

No comments:

Post a Comment