Friday, March 15, 2013

Cold Soup


I enjoy eating cold soup.  Not sure why and not all the time.  And I am not referring to gazpacho, although in the summer, I can definitely devour a good bowl of gazpacho.  I made red pepper cauliflower soup this weekend, and yesterday, I needed a quick snack.  Decided there was no time for heating it up (even though there was) and ate it cold.  It was delicious.  It is delicious hot too.

Week 2 of the Paleo Challenge and everything is going well.  I made even more new recipes this week.  This weekend though is St. Patty’s Day and Savannah has the 2nd largest celebration, 1st going to Chicago.  I do plan on drinking a bit on Saturday with friends as this will be the 1st year I live downtown and do not have to drive anywhere. 

It is also Week 2 of the CrossFit Games.  I did not really know what the CrossFit games were prior to about three weeks ago.  Basically, CrossFit publishes a different workout each week from March 6 – April 7.  People from the entire world compete for a chance to attend Regionals and ultimately “The Games” in July.  I signed up.  Not because I think I am the fittest woman on the planet and plan on attending the games as a competitor, but because it is fun to challenge yourself in new workouts.  You are not allowed to scale the workouts for the games and the 1st workout which involved Overhead snatches forced me into attempting to lift a weight I did not think I could.  One person compared it to signing up for a 5K.  Most people sign up for a 5K not expecting to win, but expecting to hit a new time goal or just push themselves a little harder or a little faster than normal.  I am having fun!

And going back to cold soup, this is another item you can eat hot or cold – red pepper avocado dressing.  I made this sauce/dressing last night and had it with a steak salad.  It was delicious and very versatile.  It can be a topping for steak, chicken, fish or on top a vegetable salad.  I even paired it with eggs the next day.  The recipe is from www.paleomg.com.  I love her website!


Red Pepper Avocado Dressing
Ingredients
1 Ripe Avocado
½ jar Roasted Red Peppers (drained if you want more of a thick sauce, not drained if you want a salad dressing consistency)
1 teaspoon garlic powder

Instructions
Place all ingredients in a food processor. Blend. Place in bowl to refrigerate.  Done!

~ Savannah FitNut aka Morgan McNeal

No comments:

Post a Comment