Thursday, February 14, 2013

Bulletproof Coffee

I did it, I made the “Bulletproof Coffee.”  I used unsalted grass-fed butter, coconut oil, and added some cinnamon.  My initial thoughts were that it was okay, tasted creamy, but also tasted like coffee with yummy butter.  Well, I have had it for four straight mornings and I think I am enjoying it more now.  I do not love it, because I miss eating eggs in the morning.  However, it is a very quick breakfast.  It did keep me satiated in the morning.  I will continue to experiment with different spices to add, maybe some nutmeg, vanilla, etc.

In other news, I signed up for a 5K on February 23, 2013.  I ran the same race last year and I placed 1st in my age group.  I am not sure that will happen this year as I have not been running nearly as much since recovering from the stress fracture.  It will be fun though to see what I can accomplish.

We are already 1.5 months into 2013, and here are the updates on my 2013 goals:
  1. Read more books – Definitely reading at least 2 books per month – The nice thing about traveling, you read a lot on the plane
  2. 2 Unassisted Pull-ups (No band assistance) – Consistently using purple band, would like to be using the pink band by the end of May (FYI in case you do not know - difference between purple and pink band is less assistance)
  3. Prescribed weights on 90% of CF workouts – Judging from the workouts I completed in the last 1.5 months, only 55% of my workouts were prescribed – Room for improvement on this one
  4. Cook 90% of meals at home (that equates to a maximum of 2 meals out per week) – Check! Hubby and I have been very diligent about making meals at home.
  5. Maintain my blog – at least one post per week – I give myself a B+ on this one, I missed a week here and there
Overall, not too bad on the goals, still lots of 2013 left!

~ Savannah FitNut aka Morgan McNeal

No comments:

Post a Comment