Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Chocolate Coconut Almond Milk Shake


Happy Earth Day!  What earth day festivities are you participating in this year?  I am planning on doing a little Crossfit in the morning, then Yoga, Lululemon trunk show followed by a Clothing Swap.  After all that, I am going to visit the farmer’s market and all the associated Earth day activities at the park.  I entered a raffle to win a rain barrel.  I hope I win!

My garden is growing things, whoop whoop!  I am seriously excited!  This is the first time I have not killed a plant within a week of planting it.  I have watered those babies every night when I get home from work, even though the bugs have started taking a liking to my delicious blood.  I swear I was out there for one minute and already had three bug bites.  I am prepared now when I go out there… I dress myself head to toe, so the only available spot to bite is my face…. This has not happened yet.  Oh yeah, I have to purchase tomato cages because the plants are actually reaching a height where they need them.

In other news, I will be teaching Pilates/Yoga again starting in May.  I am excited to get back to teaching and I know once I teach, it forces me to do Pilates and Yoga on my own a lot more.  I love both of them, but there is only enough time in the day for so many things.

I have seriously been craving ice cream lately, and when I say seriously, I mean every day for the past week.  Maybe because the weather has been in the 80’s all week and I have been wearing shorts every night.  One treat that I have found is a good substitute for ice cream cravings is my chocolate coconut almond milk shake.  It is cold, creamy, and delicious and hits the spot every time.  Oh and feel free to omit the coconut, it is still delicious without it.  Enjoy!


Chocolate Coconut Almond Milk Shake
Ingredients
1.5 cups Unsweetened Almond Milk
1 TBSP Raw cocoa powder
2 TBSP Unsweetened Shredded Coconut (optional)
1 frozen banana

Instructions
Place all ingredients in blender.
Blend (my blender has a “Frozen Drinks” setting and I just press that.  Otherwise, I would say blend for about 15-20 seconds or until everything has been pulverized.)
Enjoy!


~ Savannah FitNut aka Morgan McNeal

No comments:

Post a Comment