Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Injuries and Mousse

I went running this morning, and while I was running around the park, enjoying the 85 degree weather at 6 am (not really, it was soooo hot), I started thinking about my foot…. You know, the one with a stress fracture 11 months ago.  The human body is amazing.  I pounded on that foot again and again, mile after mile and then all of the sudden, a little fracture that I could barely see on the x-ray.  The body can do so much, but it is also fragile.  Take care of yours, because when something breaks or tears, it is upsetting and you always wonder what you could have done to prevent it.

Preventive maintenance is usually in reference to your car.  You do not hear that a lot in reference to the body.  However, I believe a healthy diet does wonders.  There are a lot of people I interact with that are overweight, sick, and tired.  I tell them about my blog in hopes they will try out a few recipes and maybe adopt a healthier lifestyle.  That is not to say, you can never have a treat.  There are plenty of ways to satisfy your sweet tooth.  See below!  This is one of those recipes I found in a magazine and wrote it down, tweaked it a little and it was delicious!

Not a Morgan Original Photo, but you get the point!!

Chocolate Mousse

Ingredients

3 tbsp coconut oil
1 oz 90% pure dark chocolate
3 tbsp raw cacao powder
1 tsp instant coffee
6 medium dates
2 ripe avocados
1/4 cup coconut milk
2 tbsp agave or maple syrup (You can omit if you want)
1 tsp vanilla

Instructions
  1. Set a small metal bowl atop a small saucepan of water, filled about 1/3 of the way. Set on high heat until it boils, then turn down to a simmer.
  2. Melt the first four ingredients in the bowl, stirring occasionally. Set aside while preparing the next part of the recipe.
  3. In a food processor, add the remaining ingredients and blend until almost smooth.
  4. Add in the chocolate mixture and continue to blend until completely smooth.
  5. Scoop into bowls and place in refrigerator to firm up for four hours.

Enjoy!

~ Savannah FitNut aka Morgan McNeal

No comments:

Post a Comment