Monday, September 16, 2013

Buffalo Chicken Soup and Traveling

Where have I been??  I think the easier answer is where have I not been?  In the last four weeks, I have been to Chicago, Dallas, Virginia, Maryland, New York, New Jersey, and various parts of Georgia.  I am not complaining, I am earning those Skymiles like no other.  J  However, as you all know, eating healthy while traveling can be a little difficult.  I always have tuna packets in my bag when I am in a pinch, but I only use those when absolutely necessary.

Also, another Paleo Challenge has begun.  It is amazing that a year has already passed and we are at it again.  I took my initial measurements this morning, and my beginning photos.  I am not going to lie; I was living it up this weekend.  I had ice cream for dinner on Friday night, bread on Saturday, and lots of wine.  However, for the next 8 weeks, Paleo it is, or I pay a big price…. Well 3 points for every cheat or something like that.  I am really looking forward to the challenge this year, because last year, I was only able to do the food component due to my stress fracture.  I have high hopes this year.  For my first official Paleo recipe for the challenge, I made a Paleo Buffalo Chicken soup from Paleoaholic.com.   Easy, delicious and spicy!

Paleo Buffalo Chicken Soup Recipe from www.paleoaholic.com

Ingredients
1 head of cauliflower, chopped
4 Organic chicken breast
2 Tbsp Organic chicken stock
2 Tbsp Organic raw honey
3 stalks of celery
1 cup Franks red hots sauce
1 onion, diced
1 tsp black pepper
1 Tbsp garlic powder
1/2 Tbsp onion powder
1/2 cup coconut milk
1/2 Tbsp fresh parsley
1/2 Tbsp chives
1/2 Tbsp dried dill
1/2 cup chopped cilantro

Instructions
  1. Using a large stock pot, add 8 cups of water, cauliflower and chicken breast.
  2. Bring to a boil and reduce heat.
  3. Once chicken is cooked remove and set aside.
  4. Add coconut milk, chicken stock, spices, honey, and franks red hot sauce.
  5. Use a stick blender and puree.
  6. Shred the chicken with a fork and add to the pot.
  7. Chop the celery and onion and add to the pot
  8. Stir in the parsley, chives and cilantro and simmer for 20 min.
  9. Serve and Enjoy!



~ Savannah FitNut aka Morgan McNeal

No comments:

Post a Comment