Where have I been?? I think the easier answer is where have I not been? In the last four weeks, I have been to Chicago, Dallas, Virginia, Maryland, New York, New Jersey, and various parts of Georgia. I am not complaining, I am earning those Skymiles like no other. J However, as you all know, eating healthy while traveling can be a little difficult. I always have tuna packets in my bag when I am in a pinch, but I only use those when absolutely necessary.
Also, another Paleo Challenge has begun. It is amazing that a year has already passed and we are at it again. I took my initial measurements this morning, and my beginning photos. I am not going to lie; I was living it up this weekend. I had ice cream for dinner on Friday night, bread on Saturday, and lots of wine. However, for the next 8 weeks, Paleo it is, or I pay a big price…. Well 3 points for every cheat or something like that. I am really looking forward to the challenge this year, because last year, I was only able to do the food component due to my stress fracture. I have high hopes this year. For my first official Paleo recipe for the challenge, I made a Paleo Buffalo Chicken soup from Paleoaholic.com. Easy, delicious and spicy!
Paleo Buffalo Chicken Soup Recipe from www.paleoaholic.com
1 head of cauliflower, chopped
4 Organic chicken breast
2 Tbsp Organic chicken stock
2 Tbsp Organic raw honey
3 stalks of celery
1 cup Franks red hots sauce
1 onion, diced
1 tsp black pepper
1 Tbsp garlic powder
1/2 Tbsp onion powder
1/2 cup coconut milk
1/2 Tbsp fresh parsley
1/2 Tbsp chives
1/2 Tbsp dried dill
1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- Using a large stock pot, add 8 cups of water, cauliflower and chicken breast.
- Bring to a boil and reduce heat.
- Once chicken is cooked remove and set aside.
- Add coconut milk, chicken stock, spices, honey, and franks red hot sauce.
- Use a stick blender and puree.
- Shred the chicken with a fork and add to the pot.
- Chop the celery and onion and add to the pot
- Stir in the parsley, chives and cilantro and simmer for 20 min.
- Serve and Enjoy!
~ Savannah FitNut aka Morgan McNeal